Before we begin
- Add your user to vboxusers user group
- Create a folder which you would like to be accessible inside the guest OS
- In VBox manager; Settings –> Shared Folders –> Add folder
- In Guest OS you can access the drive through the network. In windows XP; net use: \\Vboxsvr\vboxshare or via windows net work in windows explorer.
- If you would likst to access usb hard disks then dd the following into /etc/fstab “none /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw,user,devgid=119,devmode=0666 0 0″.
- Note the devgid needs to be set to the goup id of the vboxusers user group.
- In VBox manager; Settings –> USB. Enable USB Controller and also enable your actual controller(s).
- USB device filter; ticked entries are automatically mapped when you start the guestt OS.
- You can turn them devices on and off inside the guest OS; Devices –> USB devices